Monday, October 10, 2011

10 on the 10th of the 10th

1. The other day I completely deleted a lot of work on my blogger template by literally clicking one button to try the new Dynamic View...considering how easy that was...and how much has changed in our lives since we/I began this blog...

2.  I got my own domain name and signed up for some webhosting and spent the weekend playing with Wordpress.org ... I have to say, I am not finding it as customizable as I thought it would be.  Themes are more constricting than blogger.  I am trying to teach myself Drupal now (I also installed Joomla, but I have not played with that one yet!)...I have an idea in mind and oddly, I think I can do it with blogger and get the results I want easier than with these sites.  

2.  We have been in a bit of a home/appliance blitz.
First our ceramic cooktop cracked and needed to be replaced;
then our 13 year old washing machine needed to be replaced;
now a section of our roof (shingles) needs to be replaced.
That's three...so I think we are done.

Oh yeah, and we have a dead tree overhanging our bedroom that needs to come down!

3.  Several people have told us to apply for FEMA for the roof.
Shingles were loosened in the hurricane.
But it's not the WHOLE roof, just one area.
It's a 13 year old 35 year architectural shingle roof.
No reason to replace the whole thing and have good shingles sit in a landfill before their time,
when it is literally 1/8 of our roof that needs to be repaired/replaced
(and that is because we can't find the one or two shingles that were loosened).

4.  I am having a bit of a hard time when I hear about people applying for FEMA
because the carpet in their basement was ruined...
sorry, just my thoughts, but no wonder our government is in so much trouble
when everyone is looking for a handout.
I could see if you sustained serious damage, but carpeting...
What goes around comes around...karma, people, if you take...be ready for someone to take from you.

5. We went pumpkin picking this weekend...always a blast!


6.  We are super duper excited
 that some very special people
will be joining us
for Thanksgiving this year!

7.  There is also a very good (hopefully?) possibility
that some far flung family will be coming out and hanging with us the week before Christmas...I am so hoping we get the YAY soon so we can start planning!!
TWO WEEKS OF CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION!

8. Fall is my favorite time of year...I love the leaves changing, the crisp air, the spicy scents...the anticipation of the holidays!

9.  I can't believe that my oldest child will be 12 in less than a month!

10.  The other day I ran into a girl who I taught in Junior High Sunday school about 7 years ago...and she is expecting her first baby!

{Talk about feeling old}



I am linking up with:
Miscellany Monday @lowercase letters