Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Quick Dinner (Italian Mac & Cheese!)

If you are having a house full tomorrow like I am,
you may have spent today cleaning and prepping, like I did
and now seriously...cook a meal?  Really?
You are cooking a HUGE meal tomorrow,
can't you just put your feet up and relax?
Going out to eat requires too much effort too!

When I was a little girl this was one of my FAVORITE meals.
My Naunie used to make it for me when I would stay with her.

Now, when I make it, my girls can hardly stand it, they fight over who gets to use the serving spoon first and say things like, "You should make this more often!" and " You should make this EVERY night!"

Here it is people:
1 box of shell pasta
1 16 oz. container of ricotta cheese (I use part skim)

Boil water.
Add pasta.
Dump ricotta into huge serving bowl,
add some of the pasta water (two soup ladle-fulls work) and stir to make it smooth.
When pasta is al dente, drain and add to ricotta.
Stir.
Serve.

Get rave reviews.

Put your feet up and relax...


I hope you get some rest tonight amid holiday preparations.

May your Thanksgiving be filled with love and blessings!