Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday - the Car Window Edition

1.  I am thankful for Thankful Thursday.
All week, as stuff happens I think: I am THANKFUL for that!
Let's snap a photo for memory
and the Thankful Thursday post!

2.  A had her 12 year old check up this week.
She was fit as a fiddle.
She was SO brave getting her vaccines--she needed two!
I let her hold my hand, but she hardly flinched & she watched the whole thing!

3.  I am thankful for Smoothie King,
where we went after said doctor's appointment and our new obsession.
YUM!
They even offer to let you read the labels and ask if you want the fructose left out!

4.  I am thankful for WARM temperatures last weekend!
Windows were open!
The house smelled amazing!

5.   I am thankful that the power window in Jason's car broke on Friday,
because he was able to fix them Saturday.
If it broke on Monday, we would have had to pay someone to fix it.

6.  My husband had never fixed a power window before,
so I am thankful that first of all, he was able to fix it
and
secondly, that he got that satisfaction from conquering a new challenge.

7.  I am thankful for my new Dyson vacuum cleaner :-)
and a husband who convinced my cheap self to buy it!

8.  I am thankful for awesome grilled steaks on a warm spring January night.

9.  I am thankful for excellent recipes on Pioneer Woman and Tasty Kitchen.
I made the Sticky Ginger Garlic Beef this week!  Amazing!


10.  I am thankful for blog friends who have become REAL chat-on-the-phone, e-mail-back-and-forth friends.

11.  I am thankful for my husband who works hard for our family.
I might say that every single week.
But it bears repeating.

12.  I am thankful for everyone who links up to Thankful Thursday.
Reading their posts reminds me of the MANY things that I take for granted,
but that I should be thankful for each day!