Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thankful Thursday - The SuperBowl Edition

1.  I am thankful that my uncle bought a flatscreen TV this year and that picture lead to an appreciation for football.

2.  I am thankful that the Giants made it to the Superbowl this year.

I made a muffeletta for the SuperBowl!

3.  Since the Giants made it to the Superbowl,
my uncle changed his plans and joined us for the Superbowl and a new tradition was born :)
We've decide that no matter what teams are playing my uncle will join us to watch the SuperBowl every year.

4.  Time spent with my uncle is ALWAYS something to be thankful for.
And I am not just saying that because he reads my blog religiously.
I really mean it.


5.  I am thankful for my relationship with my girls and for the young ladies that they are becoming.
I can honestly say that I truly like them as people.
We had a few days this week where A was talking about going back to school.
She comes to work with me on Tuesday afternoons and she ran into some public school friends.
They hung out, A did her work and they did their homework.
Then, we asked them to go to youth group at our church with A.
She had a blast and came home saying she wanted to go back to school.
After a few days she recognized that it is the social aspect that she misses, but that she can have that every and any afternoon she wants...at the library, at home, at church...

6.  I am thankful for a GNO this week with some of my homeschool mom friends.
I am thankful for their wisdom and insight.
I am thankful for the many things they made me think about.

that "fall-in" touchdown Super Bowl 2012

7.  I am thankful for:
 warm socks
warm gloves
fleece blankets
down comforters
rich, luxuriant night cream
my husband's job
my job and that I can bring my girls with me
chocolate
dogs
my family
my home
good books to read
a wonderful promotional video my husband was part of
family game nights
watching The Waltons together each evening
that we tried read-alouds again


8.  I am thankful to everyone who links up with this.  You have no idea how reading your posts blesses my life and makes me realize all that we have been given.