Monday, April 9, 2012

Eleven -11

I was recently tagged by H-Mama at Family Team and Jen at Home is Where You Start From...and I thought this sounded fun and would give me some time to edit up some Easter photos...

The Rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random facts about you.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.



11 Random Facts About Me
1.  I am a complete homebody.  I am happiest at home with Jason and my girls, maybe a few friends over.  I am not a very social person, not into parties or crowds or going out on the town.
2. I love to read, my favorite day is a day spent in bed or on my deck with a good book a bowl of air-popped corn!
3.  I would like to get a puppy.
4.  I can't drink orange juice because the acid bothers my stomach, but I can eat oranges and grapefruit.
5.  I love Apple products.  I will never go back to PCs.
6.  I love faded real denim jeans.  I hate stretch jeans.
7.  I love down pillows and comforters.  
8.  I have been "eating clean" for over twenty years - or striving to at least!  I am glad someone finally put a name to it!
9.  I feel better if I do yoga and/or walk every day.  Making time for it is another story.
10.  Both of my girls were born via c-section because I have back issues that affect my pelvis from opening.
11.  I breastfed both my girls for 14 months each and would have gone longer, but they weren't interested.  

*********************************************************************************


1.  What is your favorite lipstick color?  It's an old color by (I think) L'oreal, called Wine and Roses.  When they discontinued it, i bought several sticks and I kept them in my fridge (I know, crazy, but I figured they would keep better in there and now I need to answer why the heck I have lipstick in my fridge??)

2.  Betty or Veronica?  I always wanted to be a Betty, but sadly, I have always been a Veronica.

3.  Best advice for a new blogger?   Post often, comment on other blogs, join linkys.  Post pictures with your posts and make them big so people can see what is going on.  Please don't go with busy backgrounds or add music--too much sensory overload!  Don't use captcha or word verification, if I can't read the words I end up not commenting.

4.  Favorite spot for a date with Hubby?  A Broadway show and a nice restaurant in the city.  We love to try new restaurants!

5.  Why did you start blogging?  I started blogging to keep a record of our life for my girls.  I had scrapbooked for years but I just wasn't into the mess--the papers and embellishments all over.  I wanted something neat and streamlined.  Blogging has taught me so many things and enhanced my life in many ways--from learning about SEO and web design, to attempting to be a better photographer, to thinking more about my role as a mother and parent. I have grown so much because of blogging. 

6.  If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?  Seriously, I am not a traveler.  In recent years there have been a lot of plane crashes near us that have sort of freaked me out.  I don't sleep well in hotels (tried Ambien, Lunesta and one other kind whose name eludes me), I have digestive issues and meltdowns and it's just not a good scene.  We explore locally often, but I hope my girls don't take after me and get to see cool places.

7.  Any future goals you would like to share? I have been thinking a lot lately about getting a puppy.  Our Oliver is 14 and we are just not sure how he would react..we wouldn't want a puppy to annoy him.

********************************************************************************
H-Mama's questions:
 1:: what was the biggest surprise in becoming a mother that you've experienced, so far?

When they were born, I would tell you that no one told me how NOT sleeping a solid 8 hours would screw with my head.  Now, I would say the biggest surprise is that they grow so fast--I just want to bottle them up and keep this time forever!

 2:: how are your navigational skills? ever gotten completely lost?

Ha!  What navigational skills?  Thank heavens for GPS, sister!  I would get lost in my own backyard!  I have zero navigational skills.  I did get completely lost many times - the scariest was in downtown Philly in a very bad, scary area when I was 18 :shudder:


 3:: what's your favorite quick meal to prepare?

Ricotta and Shells

 4:: do you organize the paperwork in your home efficiently or do you feel as if it's taking over?

I am pretty organized.  I can't think clearly if things are disorganized.  

 5:: has your perspective of god changed over the years? if so, what was the defining moment?

When my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, I realized how important my faith was to me.  I felt so powerless, all I could do was pray and that really helped me so much.  I go back and forth on the church thing...we get involved, there are always politics/people wanting control and power, we wonder if we need that kind of thing with our spirituality...

 6:: do you get energized from being around people or from alone time?

Alone time.  I can not be go, go, go...I get very cranky.  I need time alone at home or I can't function right.

 7:: if you had an entire day to yourself, what would you do with it?

I would lay in bed and read all day.

 8:: have you ever cried because you were so happy?

Absolutely!  I actually do this all the time!  I am a cryer!  I cry for everything.  Commercials, other people's problems...babies being born, weddings...you name it...I am a crying fool!

 9:: are you a reader?  if so, what's your favorite book?

I am a reader.  My favorite books are Catcher in the Rye, Angela's Ashes, Tenth Circle, Coast Road and the Little House on the Prairie series.

10:: what top 5 attributes would you consider high on the must-have list in a friendship?

Honest, willing to show their faults & their families' faults, willing to accept without judgment and criticism my faults & my family's faults, not materialistic or competitive

11:: what's your favorite thing about yourself?

Probably my sense of humor, which unfortunately I rarely show on my blog.  It's hard to show that kind of thing in writing, people may not know when I am joking around.  But I like to laugh.  We joke around A LOT in my family.

*********************************************************************************
I tag:
  1. Susan at Learning ALL the Time
  2. Lisa at Mommie Dearest Strikes Again
  3. Janet at I Blog 4 Boys
  4. Jenilee at Our Goodwin Journey
  5. Aurie at Our Good Life
  6. Janet at Cyber Rhetoric Blog

If i didn't get to your site to tag you, please feel free to play along!  Please let me know if you do - i'd love to read your answers.

My questions:
1.  Why did you start blogging?
2.  What is your best advice for a new blogger?
3.  Do you think something good can come from something bad?
4.  What is your biggest challenge?
5.  If you had a day all to yourself, what would you do?
6.  What is your favorite book?
7.  What are the 5 most important traits in a friend to you?
8.  Do you trust your first impression of someone?
9.  Do you get energized from being around people or alone time? 
10.  How does your life compare to the life you thought you would have when you were a kid?
11.  Any future goals you would like to share?