Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

We love our day trips around here.

On Mother's Day, I get to plan whatever kind of day I want.

This year, I decided that I wanted to go to the Great Falls here in New Jersey.  They are not really a tourist destination, although they are the second largest waterfall on the East Coast.  The Great Falls are in an industrial area and their power is harnessed for energy.  But they were beautiful.



I can't help but marvel at the beauty the Lord has created.






Great Falls is a small area, so after that we decided to go to an Arboretum.  Jason serves on the Board there, but the girls and I have never been there, so it was a fun day for us.

Frelinghuysen Arboretum





While Jason and I indulged our love of flower photography, the girls entertained themselves by taking photos of their American Girl dolls.



 We stopped at a cheese shop on the way home and set up my perfect little dinner :)
Cheese, rosemary crackers and olives are my perfect meal :)


There were gifts and Italian pastries and lots of family fun, but just being with my family is a gift to me!