Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Thankful for Moms!!!

I have so many things to be thankful for, but every week as I take notice of little moments to be thankful for...it has really changed my life.

This week I am thankful for...

the colors of spring.  I have been walking every morning and noticing all of the colors of the azaleas and flowers and cherry trees...

as I listen to the rain outside, I am thankful that we replaced our roof and that is a worry I no longer have.

I am thankful that on Monday, Allie found a quote that she wanted to memorize and memorized it all on her own!

I am thankful that I have been taking the time to sit down with each girl and go over their math.  They are both 3/4 or more done with their math textbooks and getting into more complicated things that frustrate them.  By taking the time to sit down on the couch, relax together and go over it, they seem to be less frustrated + quicker to understand.

I worked on a project with some other bloggers this week.  We have a gift for all of our readers on Friday and as I worked on this gift this week, things just fell into place seamlessly...and I thought, "That is God!"

I am so, So, SO thankful to all of the bloggers who participated in the Celebrating Motherhood series!  All of their posts and unique perspectives on motherhood, being a mother and taking time for ourselves exceeded my expectations for this project!  If you have not had a chance to read them, please do!

Lisa at Home to 4 Kiddos posted about Being a Christian Mom
Lisa at An Army Chap's Wife posted about God working in our children's hearts
Jennifer at Little Homeschool on the Prairie posted about Letting Go of Perfection
Karen at Homeschool Girls posted about her favorite moments being a mom
Susan at Learning ALL the Time posted about The Importance of Self-Care
Rebecca at Mom's Mustard Seed posted entitled Dear Mother, You are LOVED!
...and tomorrow, H-Mama at Family Team will post about The Proverbs 31 Woman!

I am SO thankful to all moms who share not only their joy, but their hearts, their pain, their troubles, and their worries and in doing so, help us to know that we are not alone on this journey.

Happy Mother's Day!!!