Thursday, July 19, 2012

When Thankful Thursday Met Insta Friday :)

Each week, as I count my blessings it reminds me of all that I have to be thankful for.  Life can be difficult and complicated, but remembering the good things does help me realize it's not all complicated and difficult.

This week I am thankful for:

our homeschool neighbors
kids who feel as at home in my home as if they lived there
dinners and beer together
great conversations

a pleasant visit - under the circumstances - with my aunt and uncle last Sunday
my aunt calling to tell me she felt better after our visit
conversations
girls who make us focus on other things

I am So, So, SO thankful to all of you who have been praying for my uncle and sending emails and checking in to see how he is doing :)  I may never have met some of you in person, but I consider you all friends <3

and Karen and Keilee who introduced us to this
Allie and Piper make at least one a day
and then email them to my uncle to try to keep his spirits up


Cooking Light magazine
awesome summer recipes!
a husband who doesn't mind eating salad several {hot} nights a week

watching Gone with the Wind as a family
girls who are so mesmerized by this movie their forks are in mid-air and they forget to take a bite
if there was ever any question why this movie is classic...that sentence above answers it!

girls who love history
and are just absorbing EVERYTHING we learn about the Civil War
being open to both hating slavery and Sherman!
I am thankful to have decided to homeschool TWO years ago...because I would not want to miss these opportunities to show my girls that there is MORE THAN ONE SIDE TO WAR and sometimes even if you agree with the ideal, you may not agree with the tactic 
{that is something I never learned in school!}

my husband
who is so darn excited about the Olympics he is like a kid in a toy store and his excitement is infectious!
the girls and I are catching his enthusiasm
(he has always LOVED the Olympics and taken off from work when it is on)
he also works incredibly hard for our family
he's been working 60+ hours a week
(thankful that work is so busy after years of a lull)
then spending Sundays helping and visiting our family members who are sick

I hope no one minds, but since I wrote this post looking back at my Instagram from the week, I am going to link this with Insta-Friday.

life rearranged
I hope you will link up and let me know what you are thankful for this week!