Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Mermaid Cottages

Several months ago, a homeschool family that we are friends with rented a home on Tybee Island from Mermaid Cottages.

We had been looking for a beach vacation where we could also do some cultural things and Tybee Island's proximity to Savannah, Georgia made this seem like the perfect trip.
In recent years, airplanes have become less appealing to me, so the idea that we DIDN'T have to fly made this all the more appealing.


When I first looked at the Mermaid Cottage website, I fell in love with the vintage cottage feel of the cottages.  Then I learned that Kevin and Layla Palmer of The Lettered Cottage had decorated one of the cottages.  I LOVE their blog and that just made me even more eager to stay in one of these cottages!
There were several cottages that I loved.  I called Diane at Mermaid Cottages and told her that we wanted something not in the heart of a party scene, not where the action is, someplace quiet and family-friendly.  They were super helpful!

We chose Sea Largo for it's proximity to the beach, central location and live oak shading the deck.
Sea Largo was ABSOLUTELY perfect for us!  We loved this cottage so much that we wanted to move in permanently!  No joke!  The kitchen was great, the beds were comfy, the house was CLEAN and the large, screened in porch was DIVINE!  We hope to go back soon!!

I honestly can not say enough GOOD things about Mermaid Cottages or our trip to Tybee Island.
If you are considering a trip to Tybee, check out the Mermaid Cottage website.