Saturday, September 29, 2012

Who the heck am I? Miss Fancypants?

I go through such highs and lows with blogging...there are times when I want to write every day and make time for checking blogs and researching SEO and learning more about pageviews.  Then there are times when I just want to read good novels, work on making Christmas stockings for my girls and cooking healthy mostly meatless meals (it's something sorta new around here--just kinda happened that most of the recipes I was interested in trying were meatless and the family has all decided they prefer eating this way).  Then WHAM!  SNAP!  POW! I decide I want more...


Last October I found out about Nester's 31 Days series linkups.  I subscribed to some of the posts and they had an affect on me.  I started living with more intention, taking more time to think about things.  Sometime between last October and now I started thinking about participating in the linkup.  What could I write about?  Simplifying my life is something I am actively working on--de-cluttering, paring down activities to things that we REALLY enjoy and want to do, making more time for the things we REALLY want to do.  Cooking healthy and mostly meatless is another new endeavor that I have been devoted to.

Then I started to think 1) I really don't have time for this and 2) who the heck am I to give someone advice?  I started worrying that people would say: Who does she think she is?  But then I realized those are the conversations we have with ourselves that keep us from truly developing ourselves.  We don't want anyone to know that we get excited when we get a lot of comments or when our pageviews reach a certain number.  We say we don't watch stats...and honestly, there are days and days where I don't...but then I see a spike on the graph or I realize I've doubled my pageviews since a year ago...and I get excited.  I admit it, I do.

I don't think I'm Miss Fancypants or that I'm awesome or that I have all the answers...but I enjoy blogging.  I enjoy combining photos with words.  I love being part of the blogging community.  I have made MANY friends who have been there for me and are there for me and I LOVE that.  And I like comments and pageviews...and I get excited when my blog came up in the Top Ten on a Google search.  What's wrong with that?  Doesn't mean I think I am better than someone else, it's just exciting.  My Grandpa used to say, "Anything worth doing is worth doing right."  So why do this half-assed (as my dad would say) why not stretch and challenge myself?  Why not see where that brings me?

So...I am going to go for it.  I am going to participate in Nester's 31 Days Series.  Sure, I have a few personal posts I could be writing, but I want to do this.  I want to stretch and challenge myself now.

I've decided to do a series on Being the Mother You Want to Be.

It's something I've struggled with and I've been working on...balancing the things I have to do, the harried-ness and stress of life with being the mom I want to be...because our children only get one chance to be kids and we only get one chance to be their mom.

So, starting Monday and for the next 31 Days I will be writing about Motherhood...THINKING about the kind of Mother YOU want to be and putting that into action.  I hope you will join me.

Yours Truly,
Miss {NOT} FancyPants