Sunday, September 30, 2012

31 Days to be the MOM you want to be!


Before I became a mother I spent YEARS dreaming of having children and of the kind of mother I would be.  I would bake cookies.  I would make crafts with my kids.  I would listen to them--really listen to them.  I would make a big deal out of holidays.

 But somewhere between dirty diapers and full-time school, I got so busy in the hustle and bustle of soccer practice and dance lessons and school projects and homework and Brownies and teaching Sunday school...that I didn't find time to be the mom that I had dreamed of being.  I kept saying...when soccer is over, I will find time to bake cookies...when we complete this school project we will find time for crafts we want to do...when I am not so busy teaching Sunday school, I will have time to listen, really listen to my kids.

But you know what?  It never happened.

Then one day it dawned on me:  THIS IS MY ONLY CHANCE.  My kids are growing up before my eyes and will be gone, in college, on their own, in the world, before I know it.  THIS IS MY CHANCE to be the MOM I WANT TO BE.

I hope that over the next 31 Days I can encourage you to think about THE MOM YOU WANT TO BE.  I hope I can inspire you to try things with your family, help you to simplify your life, find more balance, try some healthy recipes and just generally MAKE THE MOST OUT OF THIS TIME with YOUR CHILDREN.


Over the next 31 Days I will challenge you to:
  •  de-clutter 
  • catch up on your photo books and/or scrapbooks with an easy system
  • get organized
  • try some healthy recipes
  • spend quality time with your kids
  • prepare for the holidays (yes, really!)
  • start some traditions, if you haven't already
  • and many more things!
I hope you will join me!  I look forward to getting to know you!





Day 6: Time


Day 8: Memories



Day 11: Things to Do with Kids: Paper Mache Pumpkins






Day 17

Day 18

Day 19

Day 20

Day 21

Day 22

Day 23

Day 24

Day 25

Day 26

Day 27

Day 28

Day 29

Day 30

Day 31