Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Dresses, Gerbils & Guitars

I am so thankful for the time my parents spend with my girls each week.
This week, Allie and my dad built this little house and loft.

My dad patiently taught Allie to use a jigsaw and supervised her first cuts.
So thankful that my girls are learning these skills!


I am thankful to my friend for having Allie tutor her daughter each week.
I am so proud of Allie for saving her money and doing hours and hours of research on small pets and deciding on gerbils because they are active during the day, unlike hamsters who are active at night.
Allie has spent HOURS filling paper with information on small pets.  
In fact, I told her she should write an e-book on small pet selection.
She's thinking about it.


I have required that Allie put half of her earnings in the bank, so it took her a while to save up for the gerbils.  Fortunately, my parents had several old aquariums that they gave Allie, so she was able to get the gerbils a few weeks sooner than expected!

She proved herself to be a responsible pet owner with fish and she takes great care of them!
It's pretty darn cool to see my daughter so into taking care of something other than herself.


I am thankful that Allie is learning responsibility and how to care for something other than herself.


I am thankful for Piper's time with my mom this week and this gorgeous dress that they sewed together for Piper's American Girl doll!


I am so thankful that my girls get this time with my parents every week.



I am also thankful for good books and for a job that allows me to read these books before they are even released sometimes!


I am thankful for Jason's love of playing guitar.
I am thankful for how hard he works for our family.
I am so thankful for all the ways we have changed and grown together.


I am thankful for some warm, sunny days this week.

I am thankful for co-op teachers that have inspired a love and understanding of Shakespeare in my girls.

I am thankful for two hours a week with a good friend while our kids are in activities.  It's two hours of coffee and conversation and it's our therapy.

I am thankful that Allie's palate expander has made her top jaw bigger.

I am thankful for a date last weekend with my husband.

I am thankful for really good conversations with friends last weekend.  I am thankful for like-minded people.

I am thankful for good food to eat and air to breathe and water to drink.

I am thankful for yoga.


I am thankful that some of my blog friends and their kids are interested in working with Piper to make one of her dreams come true!  How cool is that!!


I am linking up with