Thursday, July 18, 2013

Party at the Lake!

 My mom is like a cruise director.  She wants everyone to have fun and she is always trying to organize parties and include everyone.

 This year she had a big party at the lake a couple of days after July Fourth.


See that guy in the white hat and t-shirt talking to Jason?
That's Susan from Learning ALL the Time's cousin (and his lovely wife).  He told me where he lived and I knew it sounded familiar.  I know the name of the library where Susan works so I asked if he knew it and...he said he was her cousin!  Small world!  I emailed Susan right away!  


Moms and girls




Sunburned friends

We played a little tug of war...
Girls versus boys
Wives...

...versus Husbands


There was some kind of egg on a spoon thing my mom came up with...
Jason filled up a hundred water balloons...


We did a wives versus husbands toss...



And a kids toss...

Then we just let the kids have at it with the water balloons and pummel the grown-ups or whoever they wanted...

Jason was supposed to take a group shot...but he didn't want to get left out...
Dork


Of course, when we were not playing games, the kids were in the water...