Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thankful for Blogs, Homeschooling Moms and Mom Bloggers

Today I am feeling especially grateful for blogs, homeschooling moms and Mommy Bloggers!
This is P holding my hand when she was 3.  

In the last few months, since we have been seriously considering homeschooling and then deciding to actually try homeschooling, I have met some of the most wonderful, genuine, supportive, encouraging women.  I am so completely enjoying the friendships that I am developing with the women in our homeschool co-op, with our neighbor who homeschools and with several of the other moms that I am getting to know through park days and playgroups and activities.  I am so thankful for their welcoming my family, encouraging us, offering advice and support and good conversation and friendship.

In the last year, I have also discovered blogs...I had known about blogs and read some, but I really took the time in the last year, to realize that there were so many women who have interests similar to mine or who think similarly and who blog!  


Women who love to make a home like Marcie at Bare Naked Tree.

Women who are inspiring homeschoolers, like Karen at Homeschool Girls.

Women who decorate and cook and teach and read, and are a true friend, both in real life and in the blogosphere, like my high school friend Janet who writes Cyber Rhetoric.

Women who can laugh at themselves and are such an incredible inspiration, like Jen at Home Is Where You Start From.

Women who make me appreciate life, like Tina at Sow.Spout.Bloom

Women who juggle a lot and are not afraid to share it, like GapGirl at If Only Everyone Thought This Way.

Women who make me laugh, like Deb at Not Inadequate.

 Women who are crafty like Kathy at Art Projects for Kids.

Women who love books as much as I do, like the writer of I Capture the Rowhouse.

Women whose photography skill I aspire to like Darcy at Life with My 3 Boybarians.

Women who love their family and organization and beautiful things, like the mom who blogs at The Frat Pack + Me

Women who inspire my parenting and my homeschooling, like Elaine at Our Crazy Life.

Women who, like me, love being the mom of girls, like Michelle at Raising Little Women.

Women who truly and genuinely enjoy their children, like Madelyn at Barefoot Childhood.

Women who share my love of photography, like She at She Says.

Women who love to decorate and whose level of style I aspire to, like Tarah at between you & me.

and women who have encouraged me every step of the way!  I am so, so very thankful to Jessica, at Teachable Moments, who found my blog before I even thought anyone was reading, and encouraged me every step of the way.  All summer she reminded me: "You will never know if you don't try.  They can always go back to school!"

Homeschooling works for our family.  It's a lifestyle that suits us.  P said to me the other night, "Mom, homeschooling is the best thing I've ever done!"

And A told me that I was the best mommy ever because she knew I would do anything for her...

Seriously....who could ask for anything more???