Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Intentional Giving

Today I am posting at Three Thinking Mothers about Intentional Giving.

I have always started my Christmas shopping early.

I love Christmas.  I love the peace.  The warmth of family.  The act of giving.  I love the decorations.  I love baking.  I love the anticipation.  I love the season of Advent.  I love the promise and the gift of the baby Jesus being born.

I don't love crowds.  Crowds ruin my holiday spirit.  So I start shopping early and I aim to be done by November.

Lately I have been thinking a lot about gifts.

We have so much.  Too much.  I am constantly purging.  We always have bags in our garage waiting for the Goodwill or The Veterans Foundation or Lupus Project to come and pick them up.  While it is great to give, I also feel that I need to be more purposeful about our purchases.  I feel it is wasteful to be constantly creating Hefty bags of junk.

The point of Christmas is not gifts under the tree -- or spread out over the room.



To read more, please click over to Three Thinking Mothers.