Tuesday, January 24, 2012

This Week

There are so many great photo memes out there.

Last year, I attempted Project 365 but failed miserably.

Then I found Project Life, but the year was half over at that point.

Well, I may not have remembered on January 1 that I wanted to participate in one of those,
but I remembered last week...not too bad...just a couple weeks into the year.

Monday, January 16, 2012 
we learned where Australia was on the globe and reviewed the 7 continents.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012
The girls enjoyed a chocolate face mask :)

Wednesday, January 18
My mom gave the girls gift certificates for Tikatok for Christmas
they spend HOURS working on their books!

Thursday, January 19, 2012
After hearing how people in Colonial times used their knife to transfer food into their mouth,
and they used honey to keep the peas on their knife...my family finally remembered that they wanted to try it on a night that we actually had peas.
Of course, it was the husband that tried it first.

Friday, January 20, 2012
We made models of plant and animal cells using pudding and candy.
I got the idea from Talysa, only she used jello and we didn't have any jello...so I used pudding...and a trip to the Dollar Store for candy :)
I also made this Moroccan Chick Pea Stew
which was very similar to one of my favorite dishes that the husband makes - chicken tagine.
I will post the recipe soon.

Saturday, January 21, 2012
First Snow of Winter
The girls were out on the BIG HILL with the neighbors :)

Sunday, January 22, 2012
We celebrated my dad's 70th minus 1 birthday
the candle laying across represents a minus
mmmkay?
I got a good shot of my mom

And since there was snow on the ground, we got to keep our beer cold the old fashioned way
nothing brings me back to my youth like beer in snow ;-)

And then there was The Giants...

I am not a football fan becoming a possible football fan...that was some game!

SuperBowl Party plans are underway!

Linking up with...




The Mom Creative


life rearranged

Naptime Momtog