Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy Fall, Y'all!

Jason went fishing this weekend with friends.  I was so happy for him to have this opportunity!  He works so hard and does so much for the girls and I...I am glad he had a chance to bond with other guys and do something he LOVES.  And now the freezer in the cellar is FULL of ALBACORE--a total WIN-WIN!!

The girls and I were left to our own devices.  As much as we love Jason and truly did miss him, we had fun just being on our own...

We went apple picking...
Gala apple


I should probably NOT admit to this, but I could not resist eating an apple while we were picking.  I know, I know, it's stealing...I just couldn't resist....  I must say that was the absolute BEST apple I have ever eaten in my life.  When we came home and had some apple, they were not nearly as good as the apple we shared in the orchard...was it that we had picked it seconds before?  Or that we were in the hot sun, thirsty and tired and smelling all the spicy apples?  Or that we felt the deliciousness of deviance?
Ode to the best apple I have ever eaten in my life

 There is just something about these jars all lined up that I love.  Don't you just want a pantry that looks that neat and organized?  I HAD to buy some pumpkin butter...and eat it with Greek yogurt as the people at Chobani suggested.  As luck would have it, I had some pepitas left from the chipotle pumpkin soup I made last weekend...let me just say, Greek yogurt + pumpkin butter (I got juice sweetened) + pepitas = a ROCKIN' breakfast!

I came home and made the Pioneer Woman's Apple Brown Betty because I rock the mom thing like that.


Linking up with Carisa for

miscellany monday at lowercase letters