Saturday, December 8, 2012

Catching Up

:: My life has been so crazy lately that I feel like I need a really long shivasana just to absorb it all.

:: The other night our neighbors brought us a meal and a bottle of Riunite.  Jason and I sang the Riunite song and were both really surprised at how much we liked the Riunite.  I thought about telling my uncle and how we would laugh about it.  Then it hit me that I couldn't do that.  The same thing happened with a restaurant I heard about and thought, "Oh that would be a fun place to go with Uncle Tom".

::  I am feeling guilty for not spending more time with him over the last five months.  At the time, I felt like I was doing what I could.  And when we were together we were both so emotional and that was so hard.  Now I wish that I had been able to spend more time with him.

:: I have been on a quest to address any health concerns.  I have a dark patch on my back, which my doctor said was hyperpigmentation and not a cause for alarm.  I had really forgotten about it.  But I guess with everything else going on, I started worrying about it again and went to the dermatologist this week.  She immediately asked what herbal supplements I take.  Apparently some herbal supplements can cause hyperpigmentation, but it is not cause for concern or a reason to stop taking supplements (although I have stopped taking them), it won't turn into cancer or anything like that.  Whew.
Last weekend the girls came home from a play date very excited about Manga and have not stopped drawing since!
:: My husband had emergency surgery two weeks ago and will be out of work for another four weeks.  I asked him what he wants to do during this time and he said cook.  He cooks well.  He has also baked bread every day for the last week.  We are all going to need diets when he goes back to work.

:: Jason has been taking over science and math in our homeschool.  He is really enjoying it and is so much more of a relaxed homeschool parent than I am.  He is who I strive to be.  It's awesome to watch him.  Makes me fall in love with him all over again.

:: Since Jason is cooking, baking, and taking over science and math in our homeschool, it is like I am on vacation.  Oh, he also takes over some of the errands.  A girl could get used to this.
Jason had the girls build a model skeleton this week, they learned about ligaments and bones.  They learned that pound for pound bone is stronger than steel.  They learned there are 206 bones in the body.  They learned a lot and Jason is much better at continuing to talk about stuff they learned than I am.
Jason also realized the girls had never seen "The Wizard of Oz" and quickly remedied that, I am including that as part of learning...pop culture?  I don't know...just seems that everyone should see that movie.
Also, Piper ASKED me if she could do math one night this week--I almost fell over!
:: I miss blogging.  I really feel that I have not put my all into it in a while.  I could blame it on a lot of things, but I really miss it and am looking forward to making more time for it.  I have photos that I uploaded and titled but just never wrote the words for...so there may be a lot of this catching up business.

::  We went to a guitar factory to see how guitars were made.  I had wanted to do this for a while, but could not imagine going without Jason since he loves guitars and music and places like that.
The C.F. Martin Guitar Factory in Nazareth, PA
We learned about the history of guitar making and how bracing makes a difference in the sound.
Jason really enjoyed playing some very high end guitars in the Pickin' Room.
I am thinking our tour will be a post on its' own.

::  We babysat my parents dog, Dakota.  At some point, Dakota disappeared and this new dog that looked like Dakota but was named Kubota arrived at our house ;-)  I felt bad for my parents that their pup was gone, but happy for us to have Kubota ;-)  It just really drove the point home that for our family, a house is not a home without a dog.  I keep saying, when things calm down around here...

We managed to get some holiday decorating done this week, too.
Although I must say 70 degree temps in NJ do NOT feel like Christmastime!
::  This weekend Piper is singing at TWO tree lighting ceremonies AND we are going to the Faraday Lectures at Rutgers--something we look forward to every year PLUS I have to work this weekend at a holiday craft workshop for kids at the library.  Next weekend, is even more hectic if you can believe it!  'Tis the season...

Linking with...
Homegrown Learners