Monday, January 17, 2011

14 Random {Lovely} Things


1.  We went to Barnes & Noble yesterday and A picked out a new math curriculum.
We are going to try Singapore Math.
When we got home, she asked if she could do a page.
I am hopeful.

2.  We've all decided to take a break from facebook.
We are all spending too much time on the computer.
I think blogging, because it is actually writing, is going to be where I spend my on-line time-
well, in addition to researching things.
I NEED to get better at time management.

3. Since the girls are learning at home now,
they have started to play again.
They had stopped playing,
I thought they were growing up fast,
but it just seemed to be the way that kids were.
Now that they are not influenced by what is cool or "in" or what other kids are doing on a daily basis,
they play, they create...
This is another reason why we are all taking a break from facebook,
we would rather see them spend more time playing and creating.

4.  A has become quite the little reader.
She blazed through Pies & Prejudice
and is now working her way through
the Portraits of Little Women series.
She read Meg's Story Sunday night!
She read Jo's Story last night!
And she is most of the way through Amy's Story today!
Yesterday, she convinced me to buy her two of the books in the Mother-Daughter Bookclub series....in the first one they read Little Women!!
(love when that happens!)

Her first and second grade teachers were concerned about her reading level!
I would rather that she be a late reader that loves to read, than an early reader who doesn't enjoy books.

5.  We've been working on Compare/Contrast paragraphs this week.
We've also been learning about fables & fairy tales.
Today the girls wrote Compare/Contrast paragraphs about Fables & Fairy Tales...
P decided to share hers on her blog.
Feel free to check it out and if you would be so kind to leave a comment,
she would LOVE it!!

6.  I FINALLY finished this needlepoint pillow:


7.  Check out this really cool pillow on
I love it!!
I am thinking of making one.
I love how blogging is a way to see what other creative ideas other people have.

 8.  I've spent a lot of time over the last week chatting with my friend, Janet, and I just want to tell her how much her friendship means to me!  <3


9.  Janet and I have been keeping up
with
I have to say, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE
how one photo a day is capturing so much of our life...
a picture is worth a thousand words, right?


10.  If you have a Tumblr, please let me know,
I would LOVE to follow you!!!


11. We've been getting spoiled with the weather around here...
lots of cozy, snowy days...
The hubs has not worked a full week since before Christmas
and we LOVE having him home...
he's been reading, part of our school & getting things done around the house.

12.  The hubs and I have a lot of little "hobbies" together.
One is trying different craft beer.
The hubs has been reading up on craft beer &
spending time on RateBeer.com
and discovered this gem:
It may be in a can,
but it is really full-bodied and very palatable, earthy, too...
see? I am getting the hang of this!

13.  One of Jason's friends is now working at a craft brewery and offered us a tour.
We are very excited.
We also have plans
 with friends
to tour two breweries
up near my parents' lakehouse this summer :-)

14.  If you have a Tumblr, please let me know,
I would LOVE to follow you!


I've linked this post to:

<Photobucket